MIGRATION
As well as moving to Shanghai, I will be moving from blogspot.
Shortly before New Year's I bought a couple of domain names, myrick.ca and Asiapundit.com (yes, the professor will soon be having another BlogChild).
I had been considering 'going-pro' for quite a while. I imagine that as soon as I start paying for software and bandwidth people will have to take me seriously. Actually, I probably would have stayed at Blogger indefinitely were it not for my worries about the Great Firewall of China
Right now, I envision Myrick.ca as a continuation of this blog. It will be an infrequently-updated combination of personal stuff, news, quirky and political items. It will continue to fly the Red Ensign and quite likely the Blogs for the CPC banner.
Asiapundit will be more of a straightforward Asian politics and news blog. It will also be more of a link dump. I read a lot of Asia-related blogs, generally coming across more than a dozen or so great posts in an average day, but I rarely link to any of them. That will stop.
I don't expect to be as prolific as Glenn Reynolds or Simon - who's Asia by Blog roundups really do make him the Instapundit of Asia - however, the name was available and if I didn't take it someone else would have.
I hope to have both sites up and running before I reach Shanghai. If anyone can recommend a good server, plus a blog engine package that runs smoothly on both PC and Mac, it would be appreciated.


<< Home