Wednesday, December 15, 2004

VOTE MYRICK

The finalists for the 2004 Asia Blog Awards have been selected and this blog has been selected as one of the 10 Singapore finalists. I would appreciate readers' votes, but do first check out some of the other bloggers in the category. They are:
Mr Brown
Sarong Party Frens
Mr Miyagi's
Balderdash
Daryl Sng
Life at Ngee Ang
Popagandhi
Iz Reloaded
and Idle Days

After you read all of those... Vote Myrick!

It's a fine array of competition, from some interesting people. I suggest a post-ballot blogger bash (though whether the winner should buy the losers beer or whether we all just get Mr Brown drunk would have to be decided in advance).

You can vote once daily in each category. Voting closes on 31 December. That means you can Vote Myrick! at least 16 times.

I also strongly encourage everyone to check out some of the other excellent blogging from throughout the region. Simon has done an fine job of rounding up the candidates. I have discovered several new blogs that I will now read frequently.

Also of interest to the Singapore blogosphere is the potential catfight between XiaXue and the Sarong Party Girl - who are two of the three nominees for Best Journal/Diary . XiaXue has a rabid fan base that recently propelled her to the top of the Asia section of the 2004 Weblog Awards – SPG has a delightfully raunchy personal blog that's mostly about sex. For that category, I'm favoring sex over photoshop.

I will provide a personal list of favorites from the remaining categories in the coming days. I have my regular reads and biases (which are reflected in the blogroll) but there are some great sites that I haven't yet reviewed.

Until then, vote now, vote often, Vote Myrick!


Powered by Blogger