Thursday, December 16, 2004

KICKING CANUCK ASS

Singapore is kicking Canadian ass. The Great White North is about to be stripped of two of its recent world-beating triumphs.
SINGAPORE: What can you do with millions of lego* blocks?
Just about anything, including breaking a world record for the longest millipede.
2,000 volunteers took some two months to assemble three million lego blocks to make the 2,600-leg millipede.
...
Singapore is the 15th country to attempt this record.
At 1,410 metres, the millipede has surpassed the previous Canadian record of 1,398 metres.
This isn't really a great loss. Singapore is tropical and should have larger bugs. It's only natural that it should hold the record for largest LEGO millipede.

But this is almost offensive:


Edmonton will be diminished

Yule Logs?? It doesn't snow here and there aren't many evergreen/coniferous trees!?! I'm outraged.

I had best curb my patriotism before I turn to thoughts of sabotage.



(*ed. Memo to CNA, LEGO is a proper noun and should always be in ALLCAPS.)

Powered by Blogger